Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why do people defend their ignorance, and yet they will not seek True knowledge or Wisdom?

Why do people reject God and his Word and yet, the same people will not read the Bible. They will say they know someone who read it but they them selves have not. I would not place my life in other peoples hands. Do you? If so look at the world and what the people are doing to each other for the dollar. Are these people to trust or do you seek Gods Truth?Why do people defend their ignorance, and yet they will not seek True knowledge or Wisdom?
I have read the Bible. I probably know more about it than most people in your church, and it only contributes to the reason why I don't believe.Why do people defend their ignorance, and yet they will not seek True knowledge or Wisdom?
I will continue to proudly defend my ignorance of a pathetic fairy tale written by primitive Hebrew sheep herders.
ppsssttt .... most of them have read it


over and over again
People seek their own truths.. that is Gods gift of free will. ';keep searching, keep knocking and the door will be opened to you'; the bible says to seek for truth as if it were gold and silver. A person has to dismiss his or her own idea of truth based on what their own desires are versus what is given to them as truth through the bible. Alot of people do not want that and reject the bible as any type of authority. Ive noticed that atheists and deists get furious at your questions, but I have to say, they seem to proseltyze their ideas and religion just as much. You are so passionate about God and His word. Surely you will be blessed, as long as you show consideration for all, even those who dont share your belief.
All the points you make are the exact points that can be made AGAINST religion. Most atheists I know have read the bible, resulting in their atheism.





If all you believe is the bible then YOU are defending YOUR own ignorance of the way reality actually works.





You say you wouldn't place your life in the hands of others yet that's just what you do when you trust in god and Jesus.





I've never seen a church or religious organization that WASN'T about making dollars.





What god? What truth?
pride
Actually, I know more about the bible then the average Christian. Kinda sad, really.
See, I think the exact same thing, and I'm agnostic.


Throw away the words of other men. If God dwells anywhere, he dwells inside you. Look there first before looking to scripture.


By the way, I have read the Bible, along with many other 'holy' scriptures. I came to the conclusion that they were written by men, without Divine inspiration.


I do not reject God, just man's concept of him.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment