Friday, February 12, 2010

If knowledge is warranted true belief?

Doesn't that mean that objective truth must exist in order for knowledge to be possible?





As always, thank you for your thoughtful repliesIf knowledge is warranted true belief?
Yes. There is a real truth. If I cut my finger it bleeds. This is true.





Any other logic forces you to conclude the world is completely absurd.





Now... the question of god... well that is another thing altogether.If knowledge is warranted true belief?
As one author once stated, ';There are two absolutes: Truth IS, and it can be known.';





One person told a friend of mine that he didn't believe in any absolutes. He said (and I quote), ';There are no absolutes!'; My friend asked him, ';Are you absolutely sure about that?';





Jesus said ';I am Truth.'; Was Jesus telling the truth when He said that? Or was He a liar?





Jesus said that the only way you can know God is through Him.





Jesus said that He did ONLY what He saw His Father in heaven do. (No man has seen God at any time, yet Jesus SEES God and copies His behaviors, so Jesus must be something MORE than a mere man, since no MAN has seen God.) He KNEW God. He even said that He came from the very HEART of God, so He could say objectively, ';When you've seen ME, you've seen the Father.';





Jesus also said ';I am Life';, and again, ';I am the bread of Life that has come down from My Father in heaven to give Life.';, and again, ';I am the water of life. Whoever is thirsty, come to me, and out of his inner-most being shall flow rivers of living waters';, and finally, ';I am the Resurrection and the Life. If any man believe in me, though he may die, yet shall he live again.';





He said, ';You already believe in God, now believe in me.';





In his famous book Mere Christianity, C. S. Lewis makes the following observation: ';A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell. You must take your choice. Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us.';
Actually, the only way we can tell the truth is through the justification, so this is a non-question.

No comments:

Post a Comment