Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that listening to alot of music can actually make you lose knowledge?

Depends what you listen to. Many ';intellectuals and pseudointellectuals'; listen to classical music and some other type of music like jazz and folk. So I think it does help their knowledge. I am more ';pseudointellectual'; myself [the real intellectuals I tend to dislike] as a simple hobby and love Bach, Mozart, Beethoven to Stravinsky [read wikipedia on these guys]. Now, I think, depends, of course, what you listen. Those who listen to trash like punk rock [not the traditional rock like ';oldies'; from Presley to Rolling Stones and Beatles] and rap tend to do poorly in studies and jobs. This type of music tends to create losers and immature people with troubling lives. But as I said, depends on the individual.Is it true that listening to alot of music can actually make you lose knowledge?
Thanks for choosing me. I am a classical music lover. And what''s yours?

Report Abuse


Is it true that listening to alot of music can actually make you lose knowledge?
I don't believe this at all. I write and play my own music. I listen to music daily. Never the less, I often find I am one of the smartest people when I am in social situations. I actually have to dumb myself down, and let people think they are the smart ones, so I don't come across as disagreeable or rude. I keep my mouth shut rather than trying to be the right one all the time. So, IMO this is false.
Not in my experience.. if one does one thing exclusively.. goes overboard.. such as too much watching of TV... to much of everything is a bad thing.. but if one listenes to a lot of music.. but still finds time to do other things.. and also socializes.. then I really see no harm in listening to a lot of music.. Music is good for the soul and one can listen and at the same time do a lot of chores around the house or in my case.. I actually became interested in the English language many years ago because I liked the music of a well known singer very much and wanted to understand the lyrics.. for that reason i took a new interest in learning the English language.. which is my second language.. for that reason I believe to listen to all kinds of different music.. even in a different language can help to broaden ones horizon.. there was after all a time when I did not understand one word of English and a singer and the wish to understand the meaning of the lyrics of his songs made me enjoy the subject all of a sudden and I am fluent at speaking and writing in English now...so I see it as a good thing as long as it does not mean this listening to music interferes with important work.. when one really has to think I believe it is better to turn the music off.. but for housework or task which don't require a lot of thinking .. they get done a lot swifter and music is also a great means to exercise to... one can dance to music or do yoga.. and that is health improving and can be fun.. with music.. and music can lift the mood if one had a bad day.. Every good thing should be enjoyed but enjoyed within certain limits.. one should never overindulge in anything.. or at least ''not make a habit of it..'' once in a while we all do ''overindulge'' in one thing or another..
I can see how it would make it harder to recall knowledge, but i don't think you could actually lose knowledge permanently.





You CAN teach an old dog new tricks, provided it's a trick he's learned before.
Absolutely not.





~Dr. B.~
never heard that before. i hope not. because i listen to music non stop even while at work and leave it on while i sleep
no, quite the opposite

No comments:

Post a Comment