Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that if your overweight its harder to get pregnant?And if so where this knowledge comes from.?

I know women who are very,very big and has many children.Is it true that if your overweight its harder to get pregnant?And if so where this knowledge comes from.?
I dont think being over weight alone can cause infertility, I think lack of good nutrition, heart problems etc have been linked to less then healthy eggs, which obesity can contribute to. I had done alot of reading when I was TTC, I was underweight and hence found out about both spectrum'sIs it true that if your overweight its harder to get pregnant?And if so where this knowledge comes from.?
It is true. but like everything, there are exceptions.





';Fat cells produce estrogen. The problem is that if you get too much estrogen your body reacts as if it is on birth control. Ovulation may not occur or it may be inadequate. ';
I agree, some overweight women DO have children, and it's very stressful for ME because I am not that overweight and I know it will be a struggle for me because my periods are irregular. These overweight women could possibly have gotten overweight after the baby or during the pregnancy, or they could even have had some type of fertility treatments. But if not, some women just are not that taken aback by their weight and their body is working properly.





What can stop overweight women for getting pregnant is the fact that when you are overweight or underweight your body stops menstruating and in turn, no ovulation. Another thing is also PCOD which causes cysts on the ovaries.





http://www.justeves.com/tmma/pcod.shtml





http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/1094/鈥?/a>





http://www.gurgle.com/articles/Guide_To_鈥?/a>
I am overweight and have been pregnant twice. My friend Nat was 323 pounds and pregnant. We didn't have any problems. I had my thyroid removed due to cancer and that gave me fertility problems it wasn't the weight. Losing weight is good though because it makes an easier less risk pregnancy.
that is a lie, i was 170 pre- pregnancy for my height which is 5' 2' i am consider overweight, i had sex about 6 time in my life and i got pregnant the first time.





my mother is 200 and some pounds and she got pregnant with my brother the first time after not having sex for 7 years.
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/obesity_pr鈥?/a>





check out that link, it gives you lots of information on pregnancy and obesity. just because you are obese, doesnt mean you cant get pregnant-it just means it might be harder and there are more complications to worry about.
nope i dont believe that my cousin (god bless her) is about 400lb or more and had a baby though the pregnancy was very hard for her %26amp; she doesnt want another, ( but her hubby cheats alot so that may not have been the reason for not wanting any more)
If you're overweight, you are more likely to conceive twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment